Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Redesigns

In my blogging class we have been learning all about blog makeovers. I've been thinking a lot about having someone professionally redesign my blog, I'd especially like a new header. I've been searching artstor for the perfect image and I think I've found it.



This is a fabric design created by William Morris for J.H. Thorp & Co. (A quick google search leads me to believe that they are still in business.) This particular design was manufactured in 1942, though the artist died in 1896, and a large piece resides in the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

I have been wracking my brain to come up with an image which best represents this blog. I have hundreds of images saved on my computer for design, fashion, and even academic inspiration. But nothing seemed to embody all three. William Morris's design is beautiful to be sure, but it is also special for another reason. This particular pattern is called the Tudor Rose. I feel it not only embodies my design/fashion aesthetic (dreamy, romantic, a little old-fashioned) but it also has a historical background, just like me.

1 comment:

  1. Great fabric design and I love the header!! I love your reasons for selecting it as well- it really seems to fit you and your blog! I am a total nerd for that kind of thing because I am studying art history!

    ReplyDelete