Friday, February 19, 2010

A note on book collecting

A friend mentioned to me that they had always thought book collecting was about amassing the most valuable collection possible filled with rare bindings and out of print books. I think it's important to note that my collection is made up almost entirely of paperbacks and while a few of the books are out of print they are still readily available used on Amazon. I think the most important part of collecting is making sure that you love what you end up with.

Our family friend/babysitter/Chester's best friend took some pictures of my collection displayed at home for the judges, since they won't be able to see my carefully considered arrangement. The simplest way to describe it is country (England, France, Italy, Russia), time period, then historical "accuracy."



No comments:

Post a Comment