Sunday, January 3, 2010

Cuba, cars, and I don't have another c word

I have a lot of pictures from Cuba. I am in a grand total of one of them. Here it is:


Wearing: tory burch sunglasses, anthropologie jean shirt, zara dress, chanel flats, carrying YSL besace bag

It wasn't hot in Havana, though our days in the country were pretty balmy. And it a very casual country so I felt a little overdressed everywhere I went. I'm used to it.

The rest of my pictures are of cars. Because I was completely mesmerized by the cars. I'm still trying to figure out how best to show them to you, because posting 30+ pictures seems a little excessive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My experience in Cuba was something I will remember forever. But it is hard to describe. Looking back, we did very little because honestly there isn't much to do sightseeing wise. There is very little commerce, so shopping was out. Mostly we just wandered and took in the immense decay all around. The buildings are so beautiful. I tried to capture some of the detail but it was hard with my little point and shoot. The buildings are also falling down, because almost nothing has been built since 1959. It's like walking into a time capsule, though a very poorly preserved one.

I did manage to find a few little trinkets, including some antique embroidery needles and vintage jewelry which I will be giving as gifts. I'll try and photograph them soon. But for right now I'm trying to enjoy my last days of freedom before the new semester and spend as much time as possible with my sister, dad, and friends. Posting may be sporadic, but I'll try I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment