Tuesday, November 10, 2009

In search of camera

I need a new digital camera. The one I am using (or not as the case may be) right now is a simple point and shoot. The thing is, I don't like the way it looks. I realize that this is silly and that I should choose a digital camera based on the quality of the pictures it will take and not how cool I will look taking said pictures, but I can't help it. I want a pretty digital camera. So I am on a hunt. I have come up with several options, gleaned from a "retro looking digital camera" search on ebay.

The top contenders are:

Leica d-lux 3 (or 4)


Vivitar's ViviCam 8027 (though I can't find where to buy this)


Samsung NV7 7.2MP


Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3K


Hilariously enough the camera I really want is one that my 70 year old professor used on my summer program. I emailed him asking what kind it was, and can't wait to hear back. I'm positive there will be mocking involved.

1 comment:

  1. hi, i read ur entries about digital vintage looking camera. im also looking for vivitar which is not common brand in my country. so im looking for a substitute. I found PENTAX Q STANDARD KIT LENS 47MM F/1.9 (EQUIVALENT) is really vintage (for me) try google it and it will be nice if we're having the same thought about it :)

    ReplyDelete