Thursday, April 15, 2010

3 questions with an Etsy artist: glamour junkie

When I first saw the dreamy scarves and capelets from Louise at glamour junkie I knew I had to share them with you. Her pieces are so unique, I especially love the way she mixes textiles.

One of my favorite pieces is the Bianca Nuno Silk Petal Shrug ($250)




I also love her hairpieces, like the Bianca Nuno Felted Silk Flower Chain ($80)


And here is my short interview with Louise:

1. How/when did you start creating?
I started drawing when I was very little and got into making/felting at Secondary school. The first felted thing I made was a vase, which was a bit chunky and woolly for my liking, but it encouraged me to experiment with felting to develop more delicate and floaty fabrics.

2. What are you finding inspiring right now?
My garden, woodlands, the fields around my house.. I really love Spring and am inspired by the delicate new flowers, fruit blossom trees and soft colours.

3. What's the one thing you can't live without?
My camera. Nothing special, just a little digital one, but it's so useful for gathering inspiration, especially colour ideas when I haven't got a sketchbook with me.

Thanks so much for sharing Louise!

No comments:

Post a Comment