Tuesday, March 27, 2012

99dresses


(If you click on the image you can see it larger)

This is a really interesting concept!

A young woman in Australia decided to start a virtual clothing swap, wherein all you had to do was upload a picture of a dress which someone else could "buy" (there is no currency used, just something called buttons, which I assume are a part of some points system) and you can use the proceeds to in turn "buy" someone else's dress.

Check it out here

Of course there are issues with such a model, but I think the idea makes a lot of sense. Miranda and I hosted a clothing swap at the beginning of the school year and it was a huge success, thanks in large part to the amazing snacks Miranda made. I just recently cleaned out my closet again so mayhaps we'll have to have another!

No comments:

Post a Comment