Monday, June 21, 2010

Sono arrivato a Siena!

So far Siena has been amazing. Our host parents are wonderful, they always correct our Italian. Learning a new language is hard, but hugely rewarding. We had our first class at our new school today (which is housed in an old psychiatric hospital). R. and I ate lunch at a very good restaurant close to the Duomo, Taverna del Capitano. We also managed to find the only vintage store (I think) in Siena, Aloe & Wolf Vintage and art gallery.

The owners are a really cool woman, Alessandra Aloe and her boyfriend who I didn't get to meet. Her store is stuffed with the coolest italian vintage, R. and I spent an hour just looking through everything. She has an amazing designer selection which I mostly just ogled. I did try on a Moschino jacket from the 80's, but it was a little out of my price range. In the end I bought a dress and a belt and R. got a tie. I am still debating a bowler hat. I love when Rachel Weitz wears one in the Brother's Bloom but I don't know if I can pull it off!


I was too excited to stand still! Wearing: aritzia shirt, zara skirt, ysl bag












No comments:

Post a Comment